Friday, January 2, 2015

The new New Year's Day

If New Year's Day is the new New Year's Eve, the 2nd of January must be the new 1st, and the day the obligatory 2015 blog post is written. Right? 

Since I spent most of the day horizontal, blogging just wasn't happening anyway. I wasn't hungover much (I swear! Unlike my husband...) I just felt really blah. I expected to be upset on New Year's Eve but I was fine. A night that was supposed to be quietish turned out to be anything but, as those nights tend to do. We left our bbq to crash a house down the road, and those parents showed us how to party! I had to sneak out, I just couldn't keep up. Good times, even though we ended up crashing in the back of Mr B's car to get some peace and quiet. 

NYD was the day I kind of hit a wall and just didn't want to play any more.

To get me out of my funk I set off for a walk/ run (I still can't call myself a runnerA) around lunch time today and was loving life. A nice breeze, not too many people around. Then I turned around the point and felt like I entered a bath, it was that humid without a breeze. By the time I got home I was literally dripping in sweat. GOOD! Much needed and I felt a hundred times better for it. This afternoon I headed to Surry Hills to catch up with an old friend who is in town. I walked away feeling lighter again. As cliched as it is, it's the ones that just get you that you should hang on tight to. 

Don't worry about my day being too healthy. Despite turning down Messina twice today, I still managed to have gelato. I think our local place is better than Messina anyway, but don't tell anyone. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...