Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas

I had every intention of doing nothing in Christmas Day, and by nothing I mean nothing. No running around between parents' houses, no having everyone back at our place for drinks in the afternoon, no buying pointless presents and definitely no receiving presents that I don't want or need. The mass consumerism was making me ill in the lead up, I just didn't want to be a part of it. We agreed no presents, no buying crap for the sake of it, it's less than six weeks until we go away and we're spending more than enough cash dollars on that!

I'd seen my mum in Melbourne last weekend, my dad was going away and Mr B's mum was undecided til the last minute, so she snoozed she losed! I couldn't deal with any drama this year, I just didn't have the strength. 

We didn't end up doing nothing but it was an easy, relaxing day full of friends and a lot of drinks. On Christmas Eve we saw a friend and he insisted on us coming around to his place for lunch. It was a mishmash of random people, their house is like a drop in centre, but aren't they the best days? So grateful for good friends and that we didn't end up sitting around the house being miserable. 

We woke up, tried to sleep in but failed (again), went and got coffee (bless the lovely Greek family that open up one of the beach kiosks on Christmas Day), had a swim and went to lunch. I had my cry in the morning, not helped by opening a beautiful ornament with Marcel's name on it given by a friend, but pulled myself together so we could have a good day. And I'm so glad we did. 

So today we've cruised around, been out for breakfast and are currently roasting the chicken we were going to have yesterday. Sydney turned on the weather this morning, but I'm sitting here in my trackies while the chicken cooks, the temperature had dropped so much. Perfect roast weather, fine by me. 

I hope you had a great day with those dear to you. Merry Christmas for 2014. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...