Saturday, February 15, 2014

Recently 15.02.2014

Not actually that recently, due to my slackness. But here goes:

Because I'm the most fantastic wife in the cosmos, Mr B and I hit up a surf movie, Spirit of Akasha, 40 years on from Morning of the Earth. It was nowhere near as batshit boring as I'd thought. The footage of Stephanie Gilmore surfing is mesmerising, she is absolutely the highlight of the film and I could have watched her for hours. 
At our excellent local movies there were about 10 people in the whole theatre. A group of old dudes, a group of young punks, and us. 
Mr B and I hit up a bushwalk not too far from us. Perfect day for it and I really needed a big sweaty, head clearing walk. Mr B took us completely the wrong way, on purpose, into the bush, with me doing lots of complaining. A swim at the pool at the bottom of the ridge stopped me whingeing, and it was an easy climb back out. Bless him and his patient ways. 



The girls and I hit up the Sydney Big Day Out. It was a super fun day, as should any day out with your girlfriends be, but what a sad indication of the state of the Australian festival scene. The 16 year old me who camped overnight for Pearl Jam tickets would have loved how easy it was to pop right up the front to see Eddie Vedder, but it just left me feeling so depressed. 
Arcade Fire and The Hives were what we were there for, and they both delivered. Worth going for those two top notch acts, but it was a ghost of the Big Day Out past. The whole day was a shambles. It was laughable how badly it was produced, we weren't sure if they were taking the piss or they gave up trying/ caring. We discussed that we were lucky to have been at the prime BDOs, but I couldn't help feeling old/ past it/ irrelevant, and also angry at the youth of today. RIP Big Day Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...