Friday, August 2, 2013

New in

As always, I toy with the 'look at all the cool shit I have' buy buy buy blog posts. But I did say I'd stay honest with my purchases and it has been handy when filling out my supernerd spreadsheet of clothes I own to look back and see when I bought stuff. And it's pretty. 

I've been again stocking up on stuff I need. Well, that my wardrobe needs and that I will wear a lot. 

Nike Roshes in black and camo
Did I need two pairs? Bloody hell no. I own a lot of sneakers for someone who works in an office. However I spend a lot of time walking Marcel. Justified? Hmm. But I wanted them, and I rarely buy stuff because I want it. The black pair were from Asos with 20% off, the camo pair I hunted/ stalked on ebay and finally pulled the trigger. I've been living in them on the weekends, they are ridic comfy and even the super cool lasses in Bassike commented on them, so I must be cool by association, amiright?

Bassike tshirts (yes more). Short sleeve navy & white, long sleeve black & white
Do I need more Bassike anything? No way Jesus, but with DJs cardholders getting about 92% off in the sales for these babies I did not say no, no I did not. The long sleeve is a heavy winter weight which I'm not wearing as much as the lightweight Ts, but it is softening up nicely. 

Leather a-line Country Road skirt
Purchased for a steal from ebay, from the 'vintage' days when Country Road had actual country roadish labels. The leather is delightfully soft and it fits like a dream. Call me a hypocrite, but I do feel better about purchasing second hand leather clothes, for what it's worth


Nudie Tight Long Johns
Before you ask, hell YES did I need new jeans. If you follow me on instagram (and why wouldn't you, I'm carlsb) you would have seen a delightful photo of my jeans with a lovely hole in the bum area. Apart from becoming a fashionable pair of shorts, pockets hanging out in the extreme, they are useless. They served me well though, having bought them in the US about 5 years ago and worn stacks. 
So on to the pain and suffering of jeans trying on. I toyed with buying J Brands online but I'm glad I didn't, I think DJs have had a price drop, because they seemed comparable? 
Anyway, it only took a few pairs to realise that Nudies were where it's at. WHY did it take me so long to buy these? WHY? Comfy AS bro. 

Zara navy & white stripe shirt, Zara white linen blazer
I swear I bought these just because I was at WBJ on a Sunday morning, and in the words of Mr C, was 'tolerable' Ha! So because there were no lines for the change rooms or registers, these came home with me. They're for work so they don't count. 



Phew! That is quite a few things. I've been slack in the ebaying part of culling, but my wardrobe is still looking really empty compared to this time last year. I'm also wearing everything in it, there is nothing languishing or even in the 'maybe' pile. This is progress. 

2 comments:

  1. Rosche twins! And I do love this camo ones too.... How many pairs do you have now? I feel like I need more of these in my life...

    Love everything else, especially the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nudies are the bomb dot com. I live in them, have 3 pairs now and on the hunt for more.

    I've got a pair of Roshes in the mail which I should get on Tuesday. I've heard so many good things about them! At least you walk Marcel. I don't walk/exercise except walking from the train station to my office :S

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...