Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beauty: July empties

This is more of a 'what I chucked out in July' post that an empties post. I HATE wastage but there were some things I just had to get rid of. When body lotion is making you cranky you know it's time to move on!

Palmers Cocoa Butter with Vitaman E
HATE. Hate hate hate hate. I was cursing every time I used this. Let me count the ways:
- hard to get out of the bottle. Seriously, even when full I had to bang it to get the product out
- does not absorb into skin AT ALL
- the smell... was not nice. It was maybe nicer in the 90s? It just didn't sit well with me, especially at night when I'd lay in bed and again cursing it
- it reminded me of Pamela Anderson. Who I normally have a lot of time for. But this made those memories sour. 

Ok, moving on...

Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
This was the only thing I loved this month, and was an iherb super cheapy, one of those things you chuck in to get your weight/ price ratio correct for postage. 
Smells lovely and was really soothing. 
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
Again, HATE. Hate hate hate hate. I ADORE the first Healthy Mix formula, but this is awful. Despite trying with different primers, brushes, sponges, fingers etc, it would just not stay on. Was like brushing mud all over my face. Avoid!

Urban Rituelle Gardenia perfume roll on
OK. Nothing special, wouldn't purchase again

Barry M Bronzing Powder
Firstly, how delightfully filthy is that container?
I think I bought this in London for a night out when I realised my normal make up/ foundation was not going to cut it with my mega Greek tan. Ah, those were the days...
But in reality, ie a Sydney winter, I've accepted it makes my face look like mud. Ah, should use with the Bourjois to really add to the mud effect. 



OK, end of my whinge. I do have a much emptier make up basket which is lovely. I am working through my priceline freebie products like a champion, there were some really good things in the last one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...