Monday, May 27, 2013

On grooming and organisation


Today was one of those rare days when I felt put together. My nails are done, my hair is blow dried, I thought about the makeup I put on. I’m wearing a silk shirt without creases, a sharp blazer and printed pyjama- style pants that two men commented on by 9am, confirming that I am not a ‘for men’ dresser. I feel good, because I look decent. Not bad for a Monday morning.
 
Being organised and being ready for the week is so easy to not do, but makes life infinitely better, and easier, when I do. Getting my lunch ready, making sure all my clothes are washed and ironed (or as good as), having my gym gear in the car ready for my workmate’s Monday night boot camp. I’ve had so much on these past few weeks that I really lost it in the organisation stakes. 

The clich├ęd Virgo comes out in me when I get like this and I feel anxious and panicky. Everything seems harder. Problems magnify. 

Where I'm at with culling has helped this so much. Yesterday I cleaned out my linen cupboard and the cupboard under the bathroom sink. This has been on my mind for weeks, as every time I'd open the door to get a towel, I was greeted with a pile of toiletries in a massive jumble. No longer. Walking past there this morning I was strangely satisfied. 

Today I feel so much more ready to take on the world. Let this be a reminder to myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. It's amazing how great being organised can make you feel, and how terrible it can make everything when it feels like you are struggling to keep ahead. Glad your Monday was such a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...