Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Culling continues and a style shift

Yesterday was not a great day at work. Actually the last week or so has not been great for news in general. There is a lot going on in my head at the moment.
Last night I came home and was wavering between going for a run or drinking myself into an oblivion. Instead, I attacked my wardrobe yet again. It seems to be the thing to do at the moment!
I honestly thought I was getting close to the end of culling but boy was I wrong. Twenty three more pieces gone, to either Vinnies, ebay or binned (but only if they were damaged). I’m now down to 168 items. I know that sounds like a lot but it doesn’t look it at all. That includes EVERYTHING I own in terms of clothing. Belts, gym gear, pyjamas, trackie dacks for lazing around in. I’ve already earmarked things that are due to go if they aren’t worn but I’m wavering on. Which is surprising given how ruthless I was last night.
A lot of what has gone in the most recent culling rounds shows what a significant shift in style I have done. I seem to have come to terms with the fact that the corporate career I was avoiding is here to stay. At least for a while. I had a decent stash of vintage/ op shopped goodies that I was really holding onto. Being honest with myself I know that isn’t my lifestyle any more and I needed to let them go. I have held on to a few of my favourite pieces, but these are vacuum bagged and stored out of every day items. And I really am wearing a lot more of what I own.
23 items have gone out, replaced by far better, and hopefully far more frequently worn pieces:
  • Equipment signature shirt in bright white. I fear this shirt has ruined me for all future shirts! Want more colours! Want them all!
  • Bassike drawstring cotton pants have been ticked off my wishlist. So incredibly comfortable, I could have bought everything in the Paddington store the day I bought these.
  • The ‘What About Yves’ jumper I posted here
I did have a bit of a brain snap though, it seems I am still not immune to those. Last weekend I went to a music festival, and for some reason, a cheap leopard print cardigan seemed an absolute essential when it caught my eye at the shops. At $19.95 it’s not exactly going to break the bank, but I really can’t see myself ever wearing it and had almost immediate buyer’s remorse. You live and you learn.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Culling seems to be the rage at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I haven't had a good cull in ages. I feel one brewing.

    Also a lot of blogs I read have mentioned dissatisfaction with their jobs currently - there must be something in the water...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...