Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beauty: January empties

Inspired by posts on My Cats Say Meow and The Blonde Ballerina, I'm going to keep track of the items I've finished from my ridic cupboard of beauty products. Every time I look in there, or at my list of items to go through, I remember I must stay away from Priceline. Repeat, MUST STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE. 

I imagine these posts will get bigger each month as I continue to shop my beauty warehouse of a linen cupboard, but this what I finished in January.


Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry
LOVE this! I bought my first Chubby Stick in the US (at about 1 zillionth of the price they are here in Oz) and fell in love immediately. They are the perfect not-quite-lipstick/ not-quite-gloss finish and last really well for how moisturising they are. This colour is really flattering and seems to suit everyone I've seen try it. I drained this to the dregs, to give you an indication of how much I didn't want it to end. Would DEFINITELY purchase again, when I get through my 29294934 other lip products. 

Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume
I am not a huge consumer of perfume. I usually have one for daytime, a roller ball type scent for my handbag (currently Kheils) and another for night (currently Viktor & Rolf). This has been my day scent for ages now, I think this is my third bottle, as I received it for gifts. Absolutely adore this scent, and the blue flowers on the bottle. Would purchase again, but I think I am ready for a change. Any suggestions? 

Face of Australia Face Base Primer
I bought this after reading rave reviews and it didn't disappoint. I'm quite new to the Primer train, and only really use it for events when I'm wearing a decent amount of make up. As that is not that often these days, this lasted me ages. I have only tried one other primer, which is Nars, and for the price this compares really well. As in, I didn't notice much of a difference to justify the massive price difference. Will be purchasing again this week, as I have no primers in my stash, and a Priceline voucher to burn (not a good thing!)



MAC Select SPF Foundation
This used to be my HG foundation, but I think my skin has changed as it isn't doing it for me any more. Was really glad to have it finished and won't be purchasing again. 

Natio Pure Mineral Foundation
I don't even remember where this came from, but I'm guessing from my Mum when she used to own a health food shop which stocked some Natio. This is the only mineral foundation I've ever used so have nothing to compare it to, but didn't love it. Won't be repurchasing. 

1 comment:

  1. Are you going to back-to-MAC the foundation bottle? You should! I am two products away from a free lippie :)

    I have had a bit of a hiccup this February (will blog about it), but made up for it by listing unopened makeup on eBay... so I'm still on track in a way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...