Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A weekend in Malbun

I spent the weekend in Melbourne (Malbun is forever what it sounds like to me when Malburnians say it) celebrating my sister's birthday. My sister and I have never been close by any stretch of the imagination, but since she moved down to Vic we make much more of an effort to see each other. My mum has recently moved to Melbourne (from country Victoria) and although I miss my ski lodge (ha!) it makes life so much easier to be able to hop on a plane and see them, if even only for a few days. 

I had Friday off to get all mani-pedied, organise some of the mountain of paperwork sitting on my desk at home neglected, and make some washing powder, something I've wanted to do for age!

We did a bit of shopping, a lot of eating, and even more drinking. Can't wait til Easter when I'm down there for a couple of weeks and can relaaaaaax. 
  1. ubiquitous 'at the airport' plane shot
  2. South of Johnston cafe, which according to Holly Pop reckons is full of filthy hipsters. I reckon she's been away from Sydney too long, because that ain't nothing compared to some of the cafes I've been to lately!
  3. Great brekkie (I had the camembert omelette special) and coffee but my gawd it was sooooo sloooooooow. If you wanna be popular Melbournian cafes, get some more staff. Or be quicker. Or something
  4. Hellenic Republic for my sister's birthday dinner. I was the only non-Melbournian there but the only one that had been there. Suckers!
  5. Wine which I wish I was drinking right now
  6. The banquet, which I insisted upon to stop arguments. Really good value, we were all stuffed
  7. My sister's friends singing her (and two others happy birthday. Check out the weirdo in the pink dress with the camera in the mirror)









2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were in Melbourne! I have actually never been to that hipster filled place but Would like to try it out as it looks quite nice! Slow Service? Who wants slow service especially if you are suffering a Hung to the over and just want FOOD?! :P

    Glad to see that you had a good time in Mel- Bun :)

    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a super quick trip for the weekend, can't wait to go back for longer at Easter. My sister lives just around the corner and she reckons it's hipsterville as well but there were way too many babies there for me to think so.
      Sooooo slow. So much so I got my 2nd coffee as a takeaway because everyone else had finished ages ago.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...