Friday, November 2, 2012

Currently: 2.11.2012

So first up, how bloody weird is writing NOVEMBER?? At the risk of sounding like a grandma, where has the year gone?

Today I'm working from home because I've got a waterproofer, a tiler and a handydude here to fix my leaky bifold door. Marcel is beside himself because he wants to play. Too bad buddy, I don't need French Bullldog paw prints on my courtyard. 

I'm going to get my hair done this afternoon, long long long overdue, and admire my (spray tanned) brown skin. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and thought I'd better do some self maintenance before I bare my legs to the public, this getting yourself pretty business is time consuming!

Wearing: my new specs. Yep, I finally admitted I needed to get my eyes checked. After a work conference a couple of weeks ago, I went to see Gomez on the Friday night and couldn't keep my right eye open. Too many spreadsheets, woo! I thought I'd be told to do some exercises or something, but nope, I need specs for computer work. 
My first thought was 'ooooooh, Tom Ford!' but they devastatingly did not suit me. No matter how many times I tried them on. I must have tried 40 pairs on, and settled on these Diors. When I debuted them at work, I was either laughed at (thanks guys) or no one noticed. Hmm. But for some unknown reason, the nice people at Dior decided a white leather case was a good idea for glasses. They clearly have not met me. 



Hello bed hair! Hello spray tan! 

Reading: I'm getting back into books. Stupid thing to say but for a while there I could not be bothered to pick up anything more in depth than Shop Til You Drop (not that there is anything wrong with that!) But I'm back and no doubt the Book Depository has reported record sales in the past few months. 

I love, love, loved Kelly Cutrone's other book, If You Have To Cry, Go Outside, so really looking forward to reading this one. 
L-R The Millionaire Next Door, Normal Gets You Nowhere, Smile or Die

Listening: I LOLed putting these two pics up. Can you get much more conflicting taste in music?
But my love for these two albums knows no bounds. 2012 has been a great music year for me for these two alone. Parkway Drive's Atlas is the first physical album I've bought in about 100 years, mainly because it came with a free beach towel and I love a gimmick. But in all seriousness I was so excited to listen to this in full and it has not disappointed. I'm LOVING hearing it as the feature album on Triple J (and loving the comments on the text line from all the haters). I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but to me, these guys rule. I'm seeing them next month and I'm more excited about seeing a band than I have been in yonks. Also check out their DVD, Home is for the Heartless. Amazing scenery and so much more than just a DVD about a band. 

What can I say about Frank Ocean? Dude is smooth. This was our soundtrack for our Byron road trip, and I'm still not sick of it. VERY unusual for me. It seems I hear something else with every listen. Can someone make him tour here please? Thanks. 

 Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get back into books. BAAAAD. Also the specs are cute, I like a girl in specs haha :)

    x Stace
    tee&fame

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look cute in glasses!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...