This was what I rambled last year. Let's see how I did.
2011Totes completely failed at all things exercise related. I blame Marcel. Seriously. We walk to the coffee shop and back every day and with Mr CB to 'check the surf' when he gets home form work, but that's it. Who wants to go to them gym when there is a French Bulldog puppy to play with? NOT ME! Have learnt my lesson and will rectify, I promise.
- exercise more. I am not playing netball any more because of my knee and I can really feel the difference. I want to run! Boring I know, but I'm not even really concerned about my weight. I want to feel better and feel like I did when I was exercising with Nicole (my old PT) and motivated to do more myself
- Finish the 'Couch to 5k' running plan. Using this podcast from Spod I want to get through the whole 9 weeks. Last time I got to week 5 before my knee bunged it, so I will take it easier at the start this time
- Do a yoga class weekly. Flexibility! Mix in some Bikram with this outside of the gym
Nailed this one. The thing Mr CB fight most about is who is cooking. As in, we both want to.
- eat better. As above, boring! We majorly overindulged in the weeks up to Christmas and boy can I feel it!
- make food at home, eat out less
- be organised and shop for what we need
- meal plan
I've been green smoothie-ing like mad. We've massively cut down our meat intake. Sugar is no longer our friend.
So done. Can't remember my mark but it was pretty good and ohmygod who cares, it's finished and I don't have to deal with those nongs at the Institute any more. Surely a different kind of institute that what they are supposedly teaching.
- finish my Diploma finally! I have my last exam coming up in about 6 weeks and I just want to pass the thing to get it over and done with. Actually, I would like a Credit, minimum. Better get reading!
Not bad. Obvs we're not talking the returns of old but we're doing ok.
- invest more in the sharemarket. My portfolio has been waaaay down, GFC stlyez, but things are really great at the moment.
- read more and learn more
- keep the profits in my account and grow, grow, grow them
Nope. But we are just not sure what we want to do. No point rushing.
- buy another investment property. I really don't now how achievable this one is in 2011 but at the very least I want to start working towards it
Nope and nope. Marcel can again take the blame.
- get my Bronze Medallion. Again, not sure if this will happen but work towards it at least
- complete the City 2 Surf. I thought 2010 would be the year but my knee stopped all that. I will keep up the physio and see what I can do
Nup. Thanks to
- see more movies, especially at the Dendy
a) downloading and
b) wanting to stay home with Marcel more than anything else in the universe
OK. Could do better.
- do more crosswords and work on not forgetting words!
Most importantly, done and done. Mr CB ad I are in a really good place. We can thank Marcel for that because we both want nothing more than to be with him (and each other) all the time. Thanks puppy.
- lastly but definitely not least, invest in my marriage. Things are amazing with Mr CB and I. We are beyond lucky to have each other. We love coming home to each other. We are each others best friend. I want to keep it all that way.
Looking at that list it doesn't seem like I achieved a whole lot in 2011. Everyone I speak to feels very 'blah' about it. I thought 2011 was rad though. Lots of good stuff happened to me, mainly:
- Marcel. Obviously. He has changed my life so much and even with my massively dreamy delusions of what having a dog would be like I was not disappointed
- we went back to Europe. Six weeks in Greece, Turkey and London was not a bad holiday. It also served to remind us how great things are at home
- I got my SCUBA license. Such a feeling of achievement. Even if I never do it again (likely) I am pretty proud of myself for getting it done. And getting the actual license from the morons we dealt with
- we bought a lounge. Seriously this was a way bigger deal than you'd think. Our awesome 70s modular couch we'd had for five years was a hard act to follow and we looked FOREVER to find what we wanted. Just looking at it makes me smile
I've been putting a lot of thought into what I want out of 2012. Again, no rush. LOLz. I can tell it's going to be a goodun already.