Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crazy market times

S&P/ASX 200 chart

Small gain but after yesterday's insanity- wow. 

I was in Japan at the start of the GFC, the Lehman Brothers announcements and the like, where the market dropped 10% or something ridiculous in one day. We were reading two day-old English newspapers and for a couple of days had no access to internet at all when we were staying in a monastery. Mr CB was beside himself.  One day we were in a train station and I asked a stranger if I could borrow his newspaper and remember us both just sitting there in total shock at what was going on. It seems like a lifetime ago. 

There are such mixed reports in the media about the effects the Fukushima plant blowing might have. If I was a journo in Japan I would be hightailing it out of there, stat. Cannot believe the lines for food and drink. Imagine having a child there. Horrible to think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...