Saturday, January 8, 2011

180 degrees south- Friday night at home

"Conquerors of the Useless, That's What We Were." -Yvon Chouinard.




Friday night at home, I had every intention to start studying for my exam in a few weeks. Mr CB put on one of the DVDs I bought him for Christmas, and let's just say it doesn't take much to distract me. 
Not your average surfing flick, this one had the most spectacular scenery and was an amazing adventure. It follows the story of Jeff Johnson, who journeys to Patagonia, retracing the steps of his idols Yvon Chouinard and Doug Tompkins (of Patagonia and North Face). I want to go to Easter Island, stat. 
The environmental message was pretty strong also. As Yvon says, man knows they are going in the wrong direction, but what do they do? Turn 180 degrees south and keep going? What is progress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...