Monday, October 11, 2010

Animal Farm

I just watched this story on ABC about Jan Cameron, the founder of Kathmandu and her life as an animal activist since selling the business in 2006 for $280m. I know.
I cannot handle seeing animals being treated badly and this was disturbing but also very heartwarming.

I am a pretend vegetarian. Ie, I am very, very selective about the meat I eat but I cannot call myself a vego. I was a full on vego for a couple of years in my teens, but it really didn't agree with me and I was miserable. This was before the days of organics, free range etc, and although I felt a constant guilt at my meat- eating, I knew I was better off eating it than not. These days I don't eat a lot of meats- veal and pork are big no nos for me.

Anyways, I am now going to be thinking of living on a farm (but not in Tas, way too cold for big woozy me) and being followed around by pigs, piglets, little horses and big dogs. Bless.


On the weekend we did lots of holiday discussions. Greece/ Turkey (+extras) here we come in 2011. Mr CBB is adamant we are not booking a trip to so far as the end of the street if we don't get the money back from my CC, but I am of the view that it will happen. It seemed like such a pipe dream when we started talking about it, but earlybirds to Euro have to be booked by the 30th of October, so must get onto it, ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. I rememeber when I first watched Food Inc. and it completely changed my opinions about what practices I endorse by buying certain foods.

    I am not a vego but I still think its important to buy ethically produced food.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...